What is Tinnitus?
It is a sensation of noise (such as a ringing or roaring) that is typically caused by a bodily condition (such as a disturbance of the auditory nerve or wax in the ear). It usually is of the subjective form, which can only be heard by the person affected.
How can My Butterfly Pillow help with Tinnitus?
By using My Butterfly Pillow and a sound app to provide tinnitus sound masking, the user can lessen the symptoms of their tinnitus.
My Butterfly Pillow provides two methods of sound therapy, masking and distraction, for those suffering from Tinnitus
Masking: exposing you to an external noise at a loud enough volume so that it partially or completely covers the sound of your Tinnitus.
Distraction: using an external sound to divert a your attention from the sound of your Tinnitus.
Both methods are accomplished using the built in Bluetooth speakers. You can pair any smart device to My Butterfly Pillow. Once a device is paired, the user can listen to books, music, white noise or even television.
The Bluetooth speakers are designed to allow enough sound, but not enough to disturb your sleeping partner. Gone are the days of leaving the television on or running loud fans just to have a distracting sound in the background.
About Your Tinnitus
1. Question: Have you been medically diagnosed with Tinnitus by a Doctor of Audiology or medical practitioner?
2. How long have you been suffering from Tinnitus?
2. Answer: About 20 years.
3. Question:Do you know what was the cause of your Tinnitus? (i.e. head injury, loud noises, listening to loud music, exposure to machinery, deafness)
3. Answer: From my time in the Marine Corps.
4. Question: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst and 1 being the least, how debilitating would you rank your tinnitus?
4. Answer: 6
5. Question:: Does your tinnitus come and go, or is it constant?
5. Answer: Constant.
6. Question:What methods have you used to help with tinnitus at nighttime?
6. Answer: White noise generators, multiple fans, medication for sleeping.
7. Question: Has anything helped relieve your symptoms?
7. Answer: Lots of loud fans helps me ignore it.
Since using My Butterfly Pillow
1. Question: How many nights have you consecutively slept on My Butterfly Pillow?
1. Answer: 7.
2. Question: How soon did you notice relief?
2. Answer: The FIRST night.
3. Question: How long did it take you to get comfortable sleeping with My Butterfly Pillow?
3. Answer: It was immediate.
4. Question: 4) Would you recommend this pillow to other tinnitus sufferers?
4. Answer: In a heartbeat.
5. Question: Would you recommend this pillow to other side sleepers?
5. Answer: Absolutely.
6. Any Comments or Suggestions: It's not just about the hearing, it's insanely comfortable. I really can't say enough about how much I love this. I've been trying different sounds, and I only have a few minutes to even react because the pillow puts me to sleep so fast. I've had insomnia for about 38 years, and this has helped with tinnitus, insomnia, AND shoulder pain.